A Frozen Party & Meal Plan

Happy Sunday all!

We celebrated C's birthday yesterday with all of her requested friends.  It turns out our house seems quite small when there are 12 small children involved!!

It was chaotic in the best way and C really enjoyed herself.


As we were making party preparations that morning, C was just being her usual self, drawing contentedly at the table (in her Elsa dress, of course).




The Elsa cake!



(she was only slightly less self-conscious about being sung to than she was last year)



Sledding in the backyard after cake!





A few lovely gifts from such thoughtful friends!  Thank you all!


N photo bombed this gift-opening picture.  Just had to include that one.

After the entertaining we did over the holiday weeks (wonderful though it was to spend time with everyone) followed almost immediately by this party, I think I am pretty much done with rich party food-- and keeping the house clean for company.  Right now there are dishes piled up in the sink and party favors littering the couch where I'm sitting to write this post, and... well... I think I'm just going to let them sit for a little while.  Sound okay?

I'm sitting on my butt writing a meal plan instead.

Here it is!

Sunday breakfast: pumpkin baked oatmeal (I made a second one last week and put it in the freezer)
Sunday lunch: packed sandwiches and salads in the car
Sunday supper: leftover beans and cornbread

Monday breakfast: smoothies and leftover pumpkin oatmeal
Monday lunch: quesadillas and fruit
Monday supper: broccoli alfredo

Tuesday breakfast: popovers
Tuesday lunch: packed sandwiches for the car in between activities!
Tuesday supper: chicken burritos

Wednesday breakfast: oatmeal on the stove top; your choice of toppings (banana, peanut butter, raisins, cinnamon, walnuts)
Wednesday lunch: chicken noodle soup (I like the look of this one if I get a chance to make it)
Wednesday supper: leftovers

Thursday breakfast: leftover oatmeal
Thursday lunch: egg salad lettuce wraps (mentioned in this post)
Thursday supper: creamy mushroom brie soup

Friday breakfast: poached eggs
Friday lunch: apples with peanut butter, rolled up turkey and cheese
Friday supper: leftovers

Saturday breakfast: banana millet muffins
Saturday lunch: various leftovers from the week!
Saturday supper: lentil burgers with oven fries

Enjoy the week, everyone!

Comments

  1. Aww, how sweet! We're getting ready to have L's party next weekend. We were sure she'd want a frozen theme but we ended up going with "art themed" instead. She's really into fuse beads right now, so we're going to do those, plus a few other guided crafts. Hope it all works!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts