Post-Holiday Activities and Meal Plan

What have you all been up to in the days since Christmas?

M had a vacation day Friday so we spent the day just vegging out and playing with new Christmas things. During the day at some point C found my phone and took a bunch of selfies, which Google then gif-ed for me as they do so expertly:


The chocolate around her mouth is evidence of the multitude of gingerbread house we all ate that day. 

She is cute, no?  Or am I just a biased Mama?

I ran a 10K in the afternoon.  So lovely to be outside after a rainy/snowy/cold December of running on the treadmill.


The monstrous mountainous hill in mile 5 really killed me, as you can see.  You can't really replicate that kind of steepness on the treadmill.  I'm hoping this beautiful streak of weather we're having continues so that I can get outside and have my butt kicked by more hills (or shall we call them mountains?).  They're hard but they get me in shape!

On Saturday I was soooooo tired.  We've had a lot going on lately!  I tried to get some grading done during the girls' afternoon naps but I fell asleep on my laptop and just snuggled in to bed to sleep for a while instead.  It felt really great!  My amazing husband and 6-year-old found the grocery list and went shopping for me while I slept.  How lucky am I?  I am coming down the home stretch on semester grading and I'm thinking I will be done by tomorrow evening.  Woo hoo!  Then a couple of weeks with no work to do.

This morning both M and I sang solos at church.  There were no children's activities or Sunday School and practically nobody there, so the girls stayed with us the whole time while we sang for two services.  They were so patient and it was really nice having them around!  L sat in the front row while I sang and kept drawing smiley faces on her Magna Doodle and holding them up to wish me good luck.  So sweet.

Okay enough rambling... here's the plan for the week!

Sunday breakfast: soaked baked oatmeal
Sunday lunch: packed sandwiches and salads on the way home from church
Sunday supper: frozen veggie pizza

Monday breakfast: leftover oatmeal bake
Monday lunch: out to Panera with friends
Monday supper: leftovers

Tuesday breakfast: protein pancakes or more leftovers
Tuesday lunch: turkey and cheese sandwiches; salad for Mama
Tuesday supper: bbq pulled pork sandwiches with roasted potato wedges

Wednesday breakfast: cold cereal
Wednesday lunch: fruit & yogurt dip, veggies & hummus
Wednesday supper: leftovers

Thursday breakfast and lunch: New Year's Day brunch with family
egg casserole, popovers, muffins and bagels
Thursday supper: leftovers

Friday breakfast: leftover brunch food
Friday lunch: more leftover brunch food
Friday supper: tempting tempeh with broccoli and butternut squash

Saturday breakfast: Daddy makes waffles?
Saturday lunch: packed lunch of sandwiches... Mama & N will be working the girl scout cookie booth!
Saturday supper: various leftovers

Comments

  1. Aww! She is adorable! And nice work getting those hills in... they will definitely make you a stronger runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, protein pancakes and oatmeal. 2 of my favorites! Thanks for linking up with What's for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts