Yesterday, I watched my daughter walk down the aisle, and I cried.
She was the flower girl.
How much harder am I going to cry when she's the bride?!?
Here is one of the few pictures I have of the day, taken by my cousin
Mikala (sister of the groom). It's hard to take pictures when you're always holding at least one child!
This is the girls at the reception. L is making her "I've missed my nap two days in a row and I'm none too pleased with you taking my picture" face.
Seriously though, I was just overwhelmed with pride for all my little girls. N performed her duties expertly and looked beautiful to boot. This was the first real "performance"of her life in front of bunches of people, and although she had a few nervous moments, she really handled the pressure quite well. Her sisters endured two days of cat-naps in car seats, plus a night in a hotel (read: we all slept in the same room) and gave us very little trouble over it. I was so proud of them for sleeping when they needed too, and being generally pleasant and charming to all of the wedding guests. Both N and L were just thrilled about the whole event, and I think that energy really sustained them!
My congrats to the bride and groom! Seeing them so happy together brought back lots of memories of our own wedding, and there was much reflecting on our own (8th!!) anniversary coming up on Tuesday! More thoughts on that later... stay tuned...
Happy Wedding, Sara & Spencer!
(Addendum: After I finished this post, my sister emailed me a few more pics... and I just had to add them. Enjoy!)
 |
| Waiting on the church steps with Daddy for the rest of the wedding party |
 |
| It got pretty sunny and hot! |
 |
| Love this one of me and C |
 |
| Beautiful L and Beautiful Grandma! |
 |
| The groom's side of the family, taken at the reception (excluding M, who was sitting in the car supervising L and C-- they had both passed out by this point in the day!) |
 |
| N enjoying her cake with best pals, Grandma and Piper |
Oh, and by the way... N did get to wear her bottle cap necklace to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. She was quite satisfied with that.
I just noticed, on the photo of you and C, there is a photo of the Pope in the background and it kind of looks like he's looking over your shoulder!
ReplyDeleteYour girls really were just perfect that day ... couldn't have asked for much better from all 3 of them.
All the girls were lovely! Can't wait to share another wedding with you all next year!! :)
ReplyDeletePS - The first picture on this post with L's pout face is the background on my phone. It makes me smile every time I see it :)
ReplyDelete