C is the Best Baby on the Block
Reasons why:
* She is an AWESOME sleeper. She sleeps through the night (8-10 hours straight) without eating. I am so thankful! Taking care of 3 kids on no sleep would be very, very hard!
* She doesn't require much to get to sleep. After many, many hours spent pacing the floor, rocking, and bouncing with certain older sisters when they were babies (ahem, L), it is such a breath of fresh air to have a baby that I can just lay down in the crib and she will put herself to sleep. Or sometimes for daytime naps I just put her in the swing, set it to rocking, give her a pacifier, and she's set. I've said before that it feels like I'm neglecting her, but she doesn't seem to complain too much. Of course, she never would say no to a snuggle in the rocking chair with Mom, so I try to do it when I get the chance.
* We have yet to have a poop blowout in public. Experience has taught me to bring along several extra outfits when going out with a newborn... but I haven't needed one for C yet! Not one! Perhaps we're staying home a little more so the odds are in her favor, but really... well done, little C!
* I've seen her spit up maybe... twice? I think this is because she really takes her time eating. That means I do spend a lot of time in the chair nursing, but the tradeoff is that my shoulders and hair remain stain- and odor-free. Hooray!
* Because of the lack of poop blowouts and spit-ups, she creates a surprisingly small amount of laundry for a newborn.
* She's a friendly little girl, and so far doesn't seem to mind too much being passed around and held by people other than Mama. It's nice to know that I'm not the ONLY person who can console her.
* She's always up for a chat with a friend or family member, and puts in her two cents in the form of smiles and coos, and occasionally a giggle. We all love talking to her!
* She thinks it's pretty hilarious when I stick my phone in her face to take pictures:
And even with a serious expression, she's still pretty cute:
* She is an AWESOME sleeper. She sleeps through the night (8-10 hours straight) without eating. I am so thankful! Taking care of 3 kids on no sleep would be very, very hard!
* She doesn't require much to get to sleep. After many, many hours spent pacing the floor, rocking, and bouncing with certain older sisters when they were babies (ahem, L), it is such a breath of fresh air to have a baby that I can just lay down in the crib and she will put herself to sleep. Or sometimes for daytime naps I just put her in the swing, set it to rocking, give her a pacifier, and she's set. I've said before that it feels like I'm neglecting her, but she doesn't seem to complain too much. Of course, she never would say no to a snuggle in the rocking chair with Mom, so I try to do it when I get the chance.
* We have yet to have a poop blowout in public. Experience has taught me to bring along several extra outfits when going out with a newborn... but I haven't needed one for C yet! Not one! Perhaps we're staying home a little more so the odds are in her favor, but really... well done, little C!
* I've seen her spit up maybe... twice? I think this is because she really takes her time eating. That means I do spend a lot of time in the chair nursing, but the tradeoff is that my shoulders and hair remain stain- and odor-free. Hooray!
* Because of the lack of poop blowouts and spit-ups, she creates a surprisingly small amount of laundry for a newborn.
* She's a friendly little girl, and so far doesn't seem to mind too much being passed around and held by people other than Mama. It's nice to know that I'm not the ONLY person who can console her.
* She's always up for a chat with a friend or family member, and puts in her two cents in the form of smiles and coos, and occasionally a giggle. We all love talking to her!
* She thinks it's pretty hilarious when I stick my phone in her face to take pictures:
And even with a serious expression, she's still pretty cute:
I mean really... is there anyone in the world who wouldn't adore this baby?










She is super cute! And now that she is a bit older I really see a resemblance with her sisters. :)
ReplyDelete