Still figuring things out...

So, that last post was basically a test.  I'm trying to figure out the most private but still convenient way to upload our videos, so that it won't take me forever, and it won't take YOU forever to load them.  With my husband's help, I think I've figured it out.  Perhaps I'm a computer dunce, but I didn't think there would be so much of a learning curve with this new blog.  Basically, I just want to get all of our stuff up here, but I don't want to take too much time doing it.  Once I have the new system figured out, however, it should take less time.  In the meantime, be patient with me if things look a little messy!

So, I've had lots of things in my head to blog, but very little time to do it.  I'm just going to spit out some random stuff before I forget it.

Today as we were upstairs getting dressed, N found a silky robe in my closet and asked if she could try it on.  So I showed her how to put her arms through the sleeves and tie the rope around her waist.  She admired the finished product, looked up and me, and exclaimed, "Mama, I'm like Jesus!"

N has also decided, inexplicably, to add the words "a dodo" to the end of certain phrases.  Tonight at the dinner table, she asked if she could "Get down, a dodo?"  Earlier today, as she was pushing her baby doll around the living room in the "shopping cart" (her toy train) she asked me to "Watch out a dodo!" as she squeezed past me.

L has had a lot going on in her little head lately.  I feel like she's at the age where she would have so much to say about things if she only had a way of expressing it.  Last night I was simmering some lentils on the stove.  I was holding L as I went back to check on them.  She heard the simmering sound, but her back was facing towards the stove.  She started arching her back and pushing with her hands against my face, all because she wanted to see the source of that sound.  Once I turned her around and she could see the lentils, she was quite content and stared at them in fascination.  She continues to be really sensitive to sounds, especially the voices of her family members. (I think this is why it's so hard to get her to sleep sometimes!)  She's also responding to her name quite well.  Even though I've seen the whole baby development thing before, it's still amazing.  Watching them learn and grow is so much fun!

I've also had the idea of sharing a weekly recipe over my blog, since cooking is so closely connected to family for me.  So... here's a quick one for this week.

In attempts to cut back our grocery bill, I've been trying to be more creative about breakfast foods.  M and I have always been cereal eaters since the beginning of our marriage, but it's pretty expensive.  So lately, I've been making popovers a lot, because they're so simple and involve ingredients that I always have around the house.  N and I often make them together in the morning.  She enjoys pulling a chair up to the counter to help me (although "helping" usually involves helping herself to some sugar from the sugar bowl) and also enjoys eating the finished product.  So, here's the recipe:

Popovers



1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
dash of salt

Heat oven to 450.  Beat eggs, then add other ingredients together, whisking as you go.  Beat together thoroughly.  The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream.  Pour into greased muffin tin-- filling cups 3/4 full with batter.  Bake for 15 minutes or until the popovers "pop."  Reduce heat to 350 and bake 20 minutes more.

We like to pop the tops off and put a little butter inside, then put it back together and eat it like a sandwich.  You can also spread jam inside or sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar.

Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts