Howdy
Plenty of negative things have happened this week, inside our little family circle as well as outside, but I'm here this morning to focus on the positive. So, pull up a chair and your autumn coffee mug to the Easter Bunny table, and join me.
Dance competition season is in full swing, and N continues to do well-- of course we know from many years of competing that you don't always get a trophy, but you do always gain experience and training and knowledge and perspective.
We have had fun traveling with her. At the most recent comp it was just me, N and L at the hotel (J and C stayed home with Dad). N's dances were spread out over the whole weekend, so we got some good rest and relaxation, some homeschool planny-worky time at Barnes & Noble, and a nice sushi lunch out together.
I have enjoyed playing at a nearby church on occasion! Beautiful music, a paid opportunity, and such a sweet community of people.
Did anyone else find great comfort in watching the Olympics this year? I know I’m repeating what has already been said on the internet, but I was super sad when my emotional support Olympics were over. So cool to see such camaraderie between the athletes, to see people that dedicate themselves to such difficult training, but handle everything with positivity and grace. It was especially cool for me to watch figure skating this year. My new hero is Alysa Liu. And Ilia Malinin handled a difficult situation with a lot of poise, I thought!
Yummy noodles and figure skating. Talk about comforting.
I took my comfort with me on an impromptu trip that M and I took together- he got a free companion pass with his free ticket from airline points, and we got a free vacation club stay from Hilton on the condition that we attended a presentation (*cough* sales pitch *cough*) on owning a time share. The two choices were Orlando or Las Vegas, and we chose Vegas, not because we are into the kinds of things you do in Vegas, but because it’s a stone’s throw from some state and national parks we had never visited before. Man oh man was this trip ever fun and I feel like such a lucky duck that we were able to do it. After a year of hard work in separate spheres for us, it was just bliss to be together in such a cool place we had never seen before, and forget the worries of the world for a couple days.
In case you’re wondering, our locations in these pictures are Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, and Zion National Park. We almost got snowed out of visiting two of the three locations, so it seems doubly lucky that the weather cleared and allowed us to have some time in each spot!
Lastly, the girls have had some fun choir events lately. Here's a couple of trios they sang as part of a talent show. I love listening to them!!!
Well, it's been almost two weeks now since I started writing this post, so I guess I'll get it published now. We have more weather on the way tomorrow, so perhaps an activity might be canceled and I can check in again! Miss you, dear readers... be well.





















Comments
Post a Comment