Meal Plan and Quick Pics from a Tired Mama
Hey friends!
Just popping in, a few days late, to get our meal plan up here. I need a quick reference on the blog to keep myself organized, because I keep forgetting what I planned for my family to eat. Ha.
I feel like I'm staggering to the end of the marathon here, folks. In two days my students' recital dress rehearsal takes place, then the following week is the recital, and after that no more lessons until the summer program starts mid-July. We have about two weeks left of homeschool. In the midst of all my busy recital preparations, soccer season is in full swing, and other activities are wrapping up, so our weekends have been jam-packed. Because, after all, it is May.
So, I don't have too much time here before I need to return to the flurry of recital emails and food preparation before dance class, but I'll throw in a few pics for your benefit.
Here's what went down in our week...
We hired a guy to mow our lawn. Best decision EVAH. For about $35 a week, we have the peace of mind knowing that M doesn't have to take 2-3 hours out of his schedule every weekend to do this chore, plus we don't have to pay a million billion dollars to replace our cranky old lawnmower that has decided to never start again. And... it's free entertainment for our girls. They were glued to the window the whole time.
Word to the wise... don't buy a little Dollar Tree reading light for your 2-year-old when she becomes old enough for a "big girl bed" and wants a clip-on light like her big sisters. They apparently have rings that screw off easily, and look very similar to fancy wedding rings, and so your toddler will put them on her finger. Subsequently, the ring will never ever ever come off her finger and will cut off her circulation until she turns purple. We tried this trick and this trick and nothing worked. I finally had to distract her with Wiggles on the iPad while I carefully cut through the plastic using toenail clippers and needle-nose pliers. Luckily the dollar store plastic gave very easily and it didn't take much, but boy she was not a happy camper. That one probably took about five years off my life.
Most of you guys have seen these pictures already. We took a trip into Daddy's school to see his debut performance on drum set at his kids' end-of-year show. It was awesome. Since we were in the area we decided to drive by Orchard House (N has read some parts of Little Women this year and we were interested) and then stop at Minuteman National Park to eat our lunch and drink our smoothies. It was a gorgeous day and it felt so great to take a few hours out of our busy schedule to just stop and enjoy nature and the outdoors.
This little girl spent more time blowing dandelion fuzz than she did eating her lunch.
I love phlox this time of year, don't you? Ours is looking so pretty.
A sad jawa.
Dad plays soccer with the littles during N's game.
On Saturday evening after the kiddos were in bed, M and I got all snuggly with some chardonnay and watched the royal wedding. Swoon swoon swoony swoon.
I would share pictures of the church Pentecost Pageant in which N participated on Sunday, but my phone is super funky these days and all the videos came out sideways and it really hurts your neck to watch it. Trust me, she did great as always.
On Monday, I found that I just happened to have all the ingredients to make a BLT chopped salad for lunch, which meant that everything was right with the world.
Does anyone else get wayyyy too excited about food?
Speaking of food.............. the meal plan.
~suppers~
leftover bean burritos
leftover bbq pork with pineapple, broccoli, apples/peanut butter
MYO pizza vegan cheese and grain free crust
tuna melts
~lunches~
quesadillas for kidos
sandwiches
salads/smoothies
snack lunch-- veggies, hummus, fruit with pb/cheese
~breakfasts~
overnight oats
veggie egg scramble
granola
yogurt/fruit
waffles with fruit
~snacks~
fresh fruits and veggies
almonds
cliff bars
smoothies
Have a great week everybody!

Comments
Post a Comment