Week in Review and Meal Plan

Happy Sunday everyone!

A quick recap of our week and then the meal plan...


L had a great time watching a cement mixer pull into our neighbors' yard and pour them a new patio! She had a great view from our {messy} porch.


We did a $2 craft at our local Michael's store and L took this selfie montage of herself in her finished dragon visor.


We had L's 4-year checkup and she was extremely brave for her shot.  She was quite nervous about the whole appointment beforehand, but she bucked up when we got there, and I was super proud and very relieved!  Let's see if we can survive the dentist later this week...


The two bigger girls are having swimming lessons at the lake on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next few weeks.  It has been great fun for them and their instructor is amazing.  They are learning so much.  I am looking forward to feeling a bit more comfortable taking all three of them to the water by myself, as they are getting more skilled swimming independently.  It has been fun for us hanging out at the beach after the lesson is over, picnicking and relaxing.  Such a beautiful spot!


N went to Grandma's for a special birthday visit for a few days.  It was really nice to have some individual time with the other two, and they had some nice play time together too.  Also nice to have only two lunches to pack for our many beach picnics!!  It's amazing how two kids can feel so easy when you're used to having three.

More busyness is on the calendar this week, plus some party prep, so I'm trying to keep meals as simple as possible.  If we have leftovers in the fridge, I will definitely skip over making some of these meals this week!  They will all keep!

Sunday Breakfast: Soaked Baked Oatmeal


{I'd like to do a post soon on how we do soaked baked oatmeal... I've made a few tweaks to the recipe I link to here.  Basically the same thing though.}

Sunday Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas with avocados and applesauce cups
Sunday Supper: Stir-fried veggies (peppers, broccoli, mushrooms) with peanut sauce, served over soba noodles (kids love these!)

Monday Breakfast:  Leftover oatmeal bake or leftover buckwheat waffles from Saturday
Monday Lunch: Picnic with Grandma; turkey sandwiches on soaked whole wheat bread, fresh fruit
Monday Supper: Homemade pizza (soaked crust if I remember, regular if I don't!)

Tuesday Breakfast: Overnight pumpkin pie steel cut oats (made with butternut squash); blueberry banana smoothies
Tuesday Lunch: beach picnic after swim lessons... egg salad wraps with lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc; pita chips with hummus
Tuesday Supper: leftovers

Wednesday Breakfast:  Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Wednesday Lunch: Annie's Mac with Broccoli (from the garden) for the kids; green salad for Mama
Wednesday Supper: Tuscan Style Potato Soup

Thursday Breakfast: Leftover Protein Pancakes or oatmeal
Thursday Lunch: another beach picnic after swimming lessons... either PBJ or more turkey sandwiches on soaked whole wheat or wraps
Thursday Supper: CrockPot Pork Tenderloin with mashed cauliflower, green salad

Friday Breakfast: Poached Eggs w/sourdough toast
Friday Lunch:  Various lunch leftovers from the week
Friday Supper: leftovers

Saturday Breakfast: Daddy makes waffles? We will be getting ready for N's "crafternoon" birthday party
Saturday Lunch: Party lunch ... Hot dogs (N's choice!) potato salad, pasta salad, watermelon, veggies & dip....... Birthday cake, of course :)
Saturday Supper: Will we be hungry? Bowl of cereal!!

I'm linking up with Laura and Jill today (congrats to Laura on a sweet new baby girl!)

Comments

  1. Glad the girls are enjoying swim lessons! Our L has been very tentative with putting her face into the water, but loves splashing around. We're not pushing it but will probably try lessons again next year. Love your organized meal plan, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts