{phfr}

round button chicken 
 
A quick link up here before I hit the hay...
 
{pretty}
 




 Pretty peonies and pretty girls.

{happy}


Itty bitty zucchinis set on!!!!!


Little green tomatoes!!!!!!
(will be staking these plants soon)


Tiny peppers budding!!!!!
(camera wouldn't focus!!!!!)

I didn't kill anything (so far)!!!!!!

First-time garden (sort of? maybe? TBD?) a success!!!!!

{funny}

So M was working from home the other day, and he has a picture of the Milky Way galaxy on the desktop of his laptop.  C was sitting next to him, eating breakfast.

"Is dat da Miwky Way?" she asked, pointing.

(Don't ask me how our two-year-old learned about the Milky Way.  I can't take credit.  Probably her sisters.)

 "Why, yes!" replied M.

"Oh.  In da Miwky Way, I would dwink da milk.  Like dis."
(Holds pretend cup of milk up to lips and makes slurping noises.)

These kids.  You just never know what they're going to say!

{real}



We sent our letter of intent to home school this week.

So it's real.
 
I could write a whole post on what led us to the decision, but I'll save that for another day (you can read a few of my preliminary musings from last year here).

I'm only feeling a teensy bit nervous, and that's only in a logistical sense... putting all the puzzle pieces of scheduling and routine together and all that.

Mostly I'm extremely excited.  I have lots of ideas and enthusiasm, and I really feel deep down that this is the right thing for us.

Here we go!

Comments

  1. Love this! Peonies are my favorite. The garden looks great! And that homeschooling letter is pretty exciting! Thanks for your emails, I owe you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting homeschool letter! And those pictures are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts