Housebound

These past two weeks we haven't left the house much, due to our stomach flu illness last week and potty training this week.  This has given L lots of time to practice her new tricks, and Mama and N lots of time for crafty activities, chats, and general relaxation.  It's been nice, but it will be nice to get out again soon, too.

On Wednesday, I turned my back for a second, and when I turned around L was doing this:


So it's official.  She can pull up now.  Oh dearie me, I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this.  But I'm excited for her nonetheless.

I just had to brag on these Ernie and Bert puppets I made for N on one of our quiet days at home.


We've had some fun puppet shows.  After I made them, I realized Bert's nose is supposed to be orange.  Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

The best news... we successfully had a trip to Target followed by library story time this morning, all with N in underwear and all with no accidents.  While we were perusing the toy aisle at Target, she did announce, "Mama, I'm having poop!" to which I scooped her up and gave L the ride of her life in the shopping cart as we raced for the restroom.  It turned out to be a false alarm.  Phew!

So... I think we're ready to start emerging into the world outside our home once again.  Watch out, here we come!!

Comments

  1. I laughed out loud at the mental image of you making a dash for the bathroom with a shopping cart and two girls in tow. I think both you and N have risen to the challenge, so far. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts