The world's youngest OK Go fan

So many blog ideas, so little time.  This is one I've been meaning to write about for some time.  You may think it's bad parenting to be allowing our 2-year-old to watch music videos, but this band always comes up with something clever and akin to what she might watch on Sesame Street.  I thought I would document it, because I think it's kind of funny how much she has latched on to these.

So it all started when my husband introduced N to the following video:



N has been fascinated with marching bands ever since we attended this year's Memorial Day parade.  M showed her this video one day, thinking she would enjoy the band.  She did.  She asked for it again and again.  So M began showing her some other OK Go videos (they're all pretty clever).  This one remained her favorite until she decided that the "mans dressed up with grass" (at 0:51) were "too scary."

She then decided that this one was her favorite:



Watch for the part where N always says "He gave him high five!" (at 2:30) "He's jumping!!" (at 2:36) and "They said WOOF!" (at 3:15).

When she got pretty sick of the doggy video, she decided the "sweater" video was her favorite:



She likes this one so much that I often hear her singing to herself "Oh sugar... oh sugar can't you see..."

Their music is a bit monochromatic for my taste, but it is catchy.  I don't blame her for liking them.  So if you have kids, there you go.  I've given you one more reason to spend an hour or so in front of a computer screen.  When N forms the 2-year-olds OK Go fan club, I'll let you know.  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts